Come be a pivotal force behind Macquarie’s Commodities and Global Markets business’ energy transition program as the Americas Strategy Manager, Energy Transition.
As the world transitions to a lower-carbon future, Macquarie is helping clients across industry sectors meet their renewable energy needs, strengthening infrastructure resilience, and supporting decarbonization. We are very active in this global transition, with a long track record of developing innovative solutions across carbon and emissions, renewable and flexible power, clean fuels, sustainable transport, and sustainable commodities (e.g., battery minerals, recycling / circular economy).
Reporting directly to the Energy Transition Global Lead Coordinators, you will work closely with senior business leaders across Macquarie, Commodities and Global Markets Front Office, and Net Zero teams to deliver a range of commercial outcomes for the business.
You will be responsible for projects that drive high priority commercial, strategic, and/or operational initiatives. These initiatives could range from helping to stand up a new business, to conducting market research for commercial strategy development, to coordinating regional and thematic working groups of senior leaders.
The successful candidate will be highly entrepreneurial and eager to identify, drive, and commercialize opportunities to support our clients’ decarbonization. Success in the role may lead to opportunities to move into and help develop one of the newly created energy transition businesses over the medium term, with the potential to take on a more significant leadership role over time.
Required experience and qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Excited about the energy transition
- Strong analytical aptitude and extensive experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis, including financial modeling and proficiency with Excel
- Entrepreneurial and highly motivated
- Track record of working collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders within an organization to influence and deliver tangible commercial outcomes
- Expresses views clearly and logically, both verbally and in writing, including strong PowerPoint skills
- Organized, structured, and detail oriented; able to develop and execute on a plan
- Comfortable working in a flexible and dynamic team environment, while also working independently
- Enjoys variety and project-based work; adapts quickly to new situations
- Willing and able to learn quickly and apply this knowledge in practice
- Strong sense of ownership for delivering excellent results
Preferred experience and qualifications:
- Financial services and/or strategy consulting experience, including experience leading projects and complex workstreams
- Strong understanding of Commodities and Global Markets businesses and clients
- Energy-related knowledge or experience
If you would like to play a part in the ideation, development, and coordination of the Commodities and Global Markets energy transition effort, we encourage you to apply now!
About Commodities and Global Markets
In Commodities and Global Markets you will be part of a global business offering capital and financing, risk management, market access, physical execution and logistics solutions to its diverse client base.
Our COVID-19 policy
In line with local regulations, all Macquarie employees in New York are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel in New York City, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Outside of New York, proof of vaccination is not required to attend a Macquarie office, travel for business, or attend an external business event.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.