Join our Tax Reporting team in Jacksonville, FL to support our businesses in the Americas in relation to the preparation and/or review of federal and state and local income tax returns, as well as the provisioning for the income tax liabilities within the Americas.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.
What role will you play?
In this role you will be responsible for the preparation and/or review of corporate federal and state income and franchise tax returns (annual, quarterly, extensions) of entities within the Americas Region. Consulting with the business and liaising with the Tax Advisory department, you will prepare analysis for transactions and assess US tax law requirements on specific transactions. You will also review tax payable and tax receivables reconciliations for cash flow and FX hedging purposes and assess the potential impact of changes in business organizations from a tax compliance and accounting perspective.
What you offer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance, Masters in Tax and or CPA.
- Minimum of three to seven years of relevant experience in Financial Services or in an Accounting Firm.
- Detail-oriented with good intuitive reasoning and project management skills
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational, and research skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of working effectively in cross-functional and cross-border teams.
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
Macquarie employees can access a wide range of benefits which, depending on eligibility criteria and location, include:
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- One wellbeing leave day per year and minimum 25 days of annual leave
- Primary caregivers are eligible for 20 weeks paid leave along with 12 days of transition leave upon return to work and 6 weeks paid leave for secondary caregivers
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, psychological and financial wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Program, a robust behavioral health network with counseling and coaching services
- Recognition and service awards
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.