Immerse yourself in a fast-paced role and collaborate with senior stakeholders across the group.
Banking & Financial Services Treasury is a function within the Product & Technology Division of Banking & Financial Services Group. Within this Treasury team is Funding, Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk Management, Capital, Provisioning & Risk Modelling disciplines.
The team works in collaboration with the sales, product prudential, credit, technology and communications teams to optimise business opportunities within clearly understood and acceptable risk parameters. Our Banking and Financial Services Treasury team maintains close working ties with the Bank's central Risk Management Group and Financial Management Group.
The role of Senior Manager, Provision Management & Analytics is responsible for:
- Monitoring BFS provisioning positions and product level performance on monthly basis
- Engaging Finance and Product teams on provisioning outcomes across all portfolios
- Engaging Modelling on modelled movements and understand key drivers & limitations
- Collaborating with Collections and Asset Solutions on write-offs
- Engaging Capital on key ratios involving credit risk weighted assets and exposure
- Tracking peer provision movements and understand key drivers impacting differences between banks
- Conducting analysis required for half year and full year provision positions, liaising with Audit on all provision analysis conducted
We are seeking candidates with:
- A numerate background in Accounting (CA), Finance (CFA), or Quantitative fields
- Six or more years of prior experience in related roles including credit provision or FP&A
- Understanding of AASB9 standard, balance sheet and capital
- Attention to detail and inquisitive mindset
- Strong communication skills with the ability to simplify messaging for management
The successful candidate will work closely with Co-Head of BFS Treasury, Product COOs, and Head of Lending Products. If you want a role that delivers a direct commercial impact, then apply today!
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and empower our staff to aim for excellence in everything we do. We believe that flexibility in a key driver to our people’s success and welcome the opportunity to discuss what flexibility means to you.
About Banking and Financial Services
Banking and Financial Services is Macquarie’s retail banking and financial services business, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management, business banking and vehicle finance products and services to retail clients, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.