Join our Debt Capital Markets team (Leverage Finance) in New York and play a pivotal role as a Syndicated Loan Administration and Deal Closing Expert.
The team provides support to the business in the form of assisting and owning deal closing & funding obligations, collateral & document review, documentation workflow management, loan administration (predominantly revolving credit facilitates), primary and secondary trade settlements and administrative agent services.
Working closely with the bankers, you will ensure all required documents, reference data and critical information is reviewed for operational feasibility, optimal execution mechanics and the mitigation of operational risk. You will build strong relationships throughout the business and interact with international peers on cross-border deals.
You will maintain active leveraged loan underwriting transactions and revolving credit facilities and term loan positions. This includes processing daily loan borrowings, repayments, rollovers, letter of credit activity, fee payments, amendments, etc. in LoanIQ.
You will also be:
- closing complex leverage loan transactions and coordinating all pre-closing operational requirements with internal and external clients
- performing daily reconciliations of cash items related to the loan portfolio
- reviewing loan-related spreadsheets (e.g. funds flows) for accuracy and completeness
- assisting with ad-hoc inquiries from borrowers, lenders, and arrangers pertaining to the closing process and ongoing maintenance associated with administrative agent services
- supporting the closing of primary and secondary loan trades, including trade booking, settlement coordination and documentation review
- executing best practices and controls, mitigating risk, and acting as an escalation point of contact
- maintaining documentation sites (SyndTrak, DebtDomain and Intralinks)
To be considered, you will need:
- At least 5 years of syndicated loan experience
- experience maintaining bank loans and revolving credit facilities within LoanIQ
- understanding of credit agreements, loan funding mechanics, deal structures, funds flows, and the primary and secondary loan trading market and settlement process, including familiarity with ClearPar
- strong decision-making skills with the ability to identify, escalate, and propose solutions to issues
Find out more about Macquarie at www.macquarie.com/careers
About Macquarie Capital
Macquarie Capital offers global capability in M&A Advisory, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, Principal Finance, and Equity Trading and Research underpinned by deep specialist expertise across a range of sectors. Our people are empowered to think innovatively to address client challenges and originate opportunities, thinking beyond individual transactions to become a trusted adviser and partner over the long haul. From origination to execution, our unique combination of ideas, capital and expertise is transforming opportunity into reality for our clients and partners around the world.
With staff in 35 offices transacting across 31 countries, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.