Head of Business Risk and Compliance, Personal Banking
Due to exceptional business growth, we have created a new position as Head of Business Risk & Compliance, Personal Banking. This Director-level role reports to the divisional Chief Operating Officer and presents an excellent opportunity to join an exciting and fast-growing business within Macquarie’s Banking & Financial Services Group.
Personal Banking offers home loans, car loans, credit cards and deposits. We have award-winning internet and mobile banking apps and are focused on delivering a best-in-market banking and digital origination experience. Through innovation and a dedication to customer experience, we have recently achieved a leading market share in broker home loans. We aspire to be Australia’s #1 Digital Bank.
Within Personal Banking, we are proud of our culture of diversity & inclusion and high performance. We have a strong focus on earning the trust and confidence of our clients and community and making risk-conscious and data-based decisions with integrity. In line with our entrepreneurial and innovative culture, we adopt Enterprise Agile ways of working and embrace a growth and learning mindset.
As Head of Business Risk & Compliance, Personal Banking, your key responsibility will be to ensure the highest standards of risk & compliance across the business, which includes:
- Maintaining robust policies, processes & controls to effectively manage our non-financial risks in alignment with risk appetite, relevant frameworks, and regulatory requirements
- Driving a rigorous approach to resolving incidents and completion of risk-related actions
- Managing Personal Banking compliance with internal & external obligations, including supporting regulatory submissions where required
- Governance of our broker distribution network, including ownership of related accreditation and assurance policies and programs
This role represents a unique opportunity for a highly talented individual to join one of Australia’s leading organisations, and will appeal to someone who:
- Brings strong knowledge and skills in non-financial risk management and the retail banking regulatory environment
- Is comfortable to effectively challenge the business, role modelling a mindset of “chronic unease” and a customer outcomes focus
- A proactive and pragmatic approach with a strong bias to action, and an ability to engage with multiple stakeholders and promote a strong risk culture.
In return, we will enable you to develop your skills, as well as providing a diverse and inclusive environment where you will be comfortable in bringing your whole self to work every day. If this role sounds like you, please apply via the link below.
Banking and Financial Services comprises our retail banking and financial services businesses. The group operates predominantly in Australia and is organised into three business divisions: Personal Banking, Wealth Management and Business Banking. We provide personal banking, wealth management, business banking and vehicle and equipment leasing products and services to retail customers, advisers, brokers, dealer groups and businesses.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need