Are you comfortable working in a collaborative environment with modern systems and technologies? Do you have a natural tendency to problem solve, and continually think about improving the way things are done? If this rings true, then this is a fantastic opportunity to join our Country Finance Americas team.
A great opportunity for you to join our country finance Americas team as an Executive in our Jacksonville, FL office. The Country Finance Americas function is part of Macquarie Finance Management Group and focused on the financial control, financial reporting, financial compliance and legal entity control of Macquarie Group entities across the various businesses.
You will play a very key role which is a mix of delivery responsibilities, process ownership and talent management. Functionally, you will act as financial controller for the legal entities and would require a solid awareness of the businesses you will be supporting. Experience around financial reporting of trading businesses and understanding of trading systems will be an added advantage for this role.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- developing a strong business understanding over time and use it to provide context to accounting and financial matters
- preparing and reviewing balance sheet commentaries (quarterly), legal entity recaps and funding for transaction investments, cash settlements of intercompany balances as well as managing foreign exchange exposure and reviewing journals for hedging
- regular compliance activities which form part of ongoing monitoring and control – monthly financial review of entity balances, attestation of all Legal Entity owned balances, impairment reviews, preparation of financial reports for Board Meetings
- extensive International Finance Reporting Standards based financial reporting; preparing and reviewing financial statements and supporting them with well-developed analytical reviews – both at Group and/or at subsidiary levels
- reconciliation & attestation of balances - process, outcomes, breaks and resolution of issues
- completeness and Accuracy of ledger data for Reporting / Tax / Legal Entity Control & Analytical requirements
- identify and proactively resolve issues that could result in financial misstatements and classification errors
- Managing group regulatory reporting submissions and tax submissions
- reviewing and improving processes, controls and systems that impact the financial information related to the assigned legal entities
- undertaking and delivering projects, improvement initiatives and standardization approaches.
To be successful you will have a postgraduate accounting qualification, preferably CA or CPA possessing 6-7 years’ experience in Financial Accounting (essential) which may include public accounting firm experience. You will also need to be confident and competent in oral and written communication skills. You would need to be willing to work in different time zones to support requirements across geographies.
Being a self-starter with strong control mind set and the ability to demonstrate capability and willingness to be "hands-on” is required. Having the ability to demonstrate strong planning and organizing skills that helps balance between often competing priorities is also a requirement. During the recruitment process, we will assess your fitment between the Assistant Manager and Manager levels approaches.
You will be required to continually question and attempt to improve the control environment that the business operates in and take responsibility and ownership of own work, ensuring adherence to timetable and work plan and maintaining high quality of the deliverable.
If you are ready to put your skills to work, apply today!
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.
Find out more about us at www.macquarie.com/careers