Join our global Non-Financial Risk division (Line 1 risk) who provide advice, valued input and challenge across our Financial Management Group in our role as the independent voice of risk, and aid staff in applying non-financial risk management best practices.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.
What role will you play?
Working with our Finance Division you will ensure finance staff are applying operational risk best practices and assist in the interpretation and application of Group and Divisional policies and timely escalation of operational risks, concerns and issues to local and global stakeholders.
You will review operational incidents to prevent recurrence and provide operational risk advice to key Finance initiatives ensuring that processes are being designed effectively with sufficient and appropriate controls. You will also be responsible for assessing and monitoring the design and operation of Finance Control Standards, which provide a framework for the consistent application of the Finance Control Framework across the organisation.
What you offer
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Financial Services as an operational risk management or risk assurance expert, specialising across finance functions, financial accounting, product control or financial reporting
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills including experience working across global regions
- Ability to support strict governance requirements and challenge existing business practices
- Practical understanding of the implementation of risk and control frameworks to manage enterprise risks in highly regulated legal entities and across group structures
- Previous projects and/or change management experience and have worked in complex multi-faceted programs to tight deadlines.
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
Macquarie employees can access a wide range of benefits which, depending on eligibility criteria and location, include:
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- Wellbeing and service bonus leave
- Up to 20 weeks paid parental leave as well as benefits to support you as you transition to life as a working parent
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, psychological and financial wellbeing
About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will work in the financial hub of Macquarie, driving real change for our businesses. You will be part of a team that plays an important role building relationships with our regulators, partners, communities and shareholders - all of which play a key role in upholding Macquarie's brand.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a role regardless of their identity, including gender, race, ethnicity, cultural identity, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status, marital or family status, neurodiversity, religion or belief, disabilities, or socio-economic background.
If you require adjustments to your working arrangements or the recruitment process, please let us know when applying.