Join our Financial Control team and play a key role in ensuring an effective financial control environment across our global organisation while managing an inclusive and engaged team. This opportunity will offer a variety of responsibilities ranging from delivery, process ownership and talent management where you’ll get a chance to immerse yourself in the business your team is supporting.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.
What role will you play?
You’ll have a hands-on role where you’ll be responsible for monthly Balance Sheet and P&L analysis, month end close, financial, regulatory and tax reporting submissions. Using your expertise in IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) based financial reporting and the ability to translate commercial business transactions to the correct accounting treatment, you’ll also report for new transactions, deals, products, entities, acquisitions or restructures.
You’ll also be responsible for delivery of projects as well as improvement initiatives to enhance efficiencies. You’ll take responsibility and ownership over the work performed within the team, ensuring adherence to the timelines and work plan while maintaining high quality deliverables.
What you offer:
To be successful in this role, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate a strong sense of accountability, good problem-solving capabilities as well as strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to balance between competing priorities.
- A postgraduate accounting qualification CA (Nov 2023).
- You’ll have deep understanding of reporting requirements under IFRS, particularly standards that are relevant to the banking industry.
- Prior experience in a banking, financial services, public accounting or stock broking firm will be considered favourable.
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
Macquarie employees can access a wide range of benefits which, depending on eligibility criteria and location, include:
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- One wellbeing leave day per year
- Paid parental leave as well as benefits to support you as a working parent
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Access a wide range of learning and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program, a robust behavioural health network with counselling and coaching services
- Recognition and service awards
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity & capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.