As a talented and ambitious Corporate Governance Attorney, you will join our Global Governance’s dynamic Americas team in New York, NY and be part of our Americas Governance team based out of the New York and Jacksonville offices.
The key responsibilities of the role will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Advising our operating business groups and support divisions on aspects of company secretarial/corporate governance practice, corporate law and internal policies;
- Providing technical and advisory support to Macquarie’s operating business groups on transactions and ad hoc projects;
- Performing due diligence and reviewing and commenting on new project proposals and transaction documents;
- Assisting with internal legal entity rationalisation projects; corporate restructurings, migrations and acquisition integrations;
- Drafting board resolutions and related documents for statutory changes, annual compliance obligations and other corporate actions;
- Working closely with business unit lawyers on the corporate law and governance aspects of large investments, divestitures and other deals, including at the time of financial/contract close;
- Overseeing the formation, dissolution, corporate maintenance, and administration of entities in the United States, Canada and LatAm;
- Liaising with external service providers, including legal counsel, to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations;
- Running the regular board/committee meeting process for key entities, liaising with the Chair to formulate the agendas and attending and minuting those meetings and co-ordinating follow-up actions;
- Compiling and distributing board and committee meeting packs electronically through the Diligent Boardbooks application;
- Maintenance of group company statutory records on Diligent Entities.
To be successful for this position you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- J.D. degree and license to practice in at least one jurisdiction in the U.S.;
- Prior experience with corporate governance, entity administration and corporate transaction work ideally gained within a law firm or an in-house corporate legal department as well as an interest in finance and banking;
- Proficient skill and knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Worksite;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and to report to supervisors in different locations;
- Must enjoy working in an open floor plan environment;
- Strong organizational and management skills;
- Ability to solve problems and show initiative;
- An enthusiastic and flexible approach to work, working additional hours when required;
- Excellent personal presentation and written and verbal communication skills; and
- Strong attention to detail.
About Legal and Governance
The Legal and Governance Group along with all our lawyers embedded in the business and support units (together known as Group Legal) provide the full range of legal and corporate governance services and strategic advice, risk assessment on corporate transactions, treasury and funding, insurance, regulatory enquiries and litigation.
Salary range for this position: $100,000 - 185,000/Year. Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, peer and market data, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. You may also be eligible for an annual discretionary incentive compensation award. We offer a full spectrum of benefits, including Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Dependent Day Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability and Other Insurance Plans, Paid Time Off (including Sick Leave, Parental Leave and Vacation), Holidays, 401(k), and Short/Long Term Disability, in addition to other special perks reserved for our employees.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.