Are you comfortable working in a collaborative environment with modern systems and technologies? Do you have a natural tendency to problem solve, and continually think about improving the way things are done? If this rings true, then this is a fantastic opportunity to join our team.
You will join our Macquarie Capital Finance team, located in Jacksonville, FL, as a Financial Accountant. You will play a very key role which is a mix of delivery responsibilities, process ownership and talent management. You will work closely and develop relationships with colleagues across the globe including senior stakeholders. Functionally, you are expected to be very hands-on and aware of the businesses you are supporting.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with ensuring accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of all deliverables including group regulatory reporting submissions and tax submissions.
- Building up capability and understanding of MacCap Finance source systems, mappings, and General Ledger trade flows and trade life cycle.
- Handling issue resolution and query management.
- Maintaining monthly Balance Sheet and P&L analysis.
- Conducting regular accounting, including reviewing sub-system posting positions, month end close, inter-co breaks clearing, and suspense clearing.
- Completing the reconciliation & attestation of balances - process, outcomes, breaks and resolution of issues.
- Reviewing ledger data for completeness and accuracy for Reporting / Tax / Legal Entity Control & Analytical requirements.
- Proactively sharing knowledge via cross training and team learning.
- Reviewing and improving processes, controls and systems impacting your work area.
- Ensuring documentation of various processes and procedures is up to date.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Postgraduate accounting qualification, preferably CA or CPA and 3-6 plus years’ experience in Financial Accounting (essential) which may include public accounting firm experience.
- Understanding of financial instruments and derivatives as well as competency in oral and written communication.
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to be an analytical self-starter.
- Strong control mind set with the capability and a willingness to be "Hands-on".
- Strong planning and organizing skills with the ability to balance between often competing priorities.
Start this exciting journey by applying online today. To learn more about careers with Macquarie, visit www.macquarie.com/careers.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.