Join the Macquarie Capital Finance team as a Manager within our Financial Management Group. In this role, you will be part of a global advisory and financial control function providing transaction support for investments, ongoing transaction lifecycle management, and operational accounting and control functions in Macquarie Capital.
In this interesting and rewarding role, you will gain exposure to senior leaders in Macquarie and will work collaboratively with key stakeholders in Macquarie Capital, Risk, Finance, Tax, Treasury and their supporting teams on a global platform.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with the Macquarie Capital business to provide financial and accounting insights on topics such as: business acquisitions and disposals, debt investments and revenue recognition.
- Researching and documenting key accounting considerations relevant to a transaction including the coordinating with Macquarie’s accounting policy group on complex transactions.
- Coordinating and reviewing financial due diligence reports
- Collaborating with other parts of Finance Management Group and Risk Management Groups to understand overall implications of new transactions.
- Translating and communicating complex accounting topics to stakeholders, recognizing and anticipating potential opportunities and recommending changes as the business or regulatory environment changes
- Managing the lifecycle transaction process, involving oversight of month end accounting functions and ensuring proper adherence to the financial control framework.
- Reviewing and challenging key inputs and assumptions in key areas of accounting judgment including credit provisioning and valuations prepared by the business.
- Providing inputs for monthly management reporting including analysis of balance sheet/income statement and commentary by transaction
- Overseeing financial control environment for portfolio investment companies and external third-party accounting providers including review of monthly reporting
- Leading process improvement initiatives working closely on implementation with global teams.
To be successful in this role you will be a Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant with technical accounting and transaction support experience in Finance and 4 - 7 years of relevant experience. Key skills and qualifications include:
- Strong accounting background with an ability to apply technical knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP in a transaction environment. Specific experience with IFRS 9, IFRS 10, and IAS 28 would be beneficial.
- Experience in researching technical accounting matters.
- Ability to manage wide-ranging competing priorities, transactions and stakeholders.
- Ability to tailor verbal, listening and written communication skills to deal with staff across all levels and offshore office staff.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with the business and other areas of Macquarie Group
Salary range for this position: $100,000-140,000/Year. Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, peer and market data, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. You may also be eligible for an annual discretionary incentive compensation award. We offer a full spectrum of benefits, including Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Dependent Day Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability and Other Insurance Plans, Paid Time Off (including Sick Leave, Parental Leave and Vacation), Holidays, 401(k), and Short/Long Term Disability, in addition to other special perks reserved for our employees.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.
Find out more at www.macquarie.com/careers