Join the legal team in Macquarie’s Banking and Financial Services group as a Lawyer. You will support the Business Banking division, playing a key role in ensuring that legal and regulatory risk is effectively managed in its lending business.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.
What role will you play?
You will advise on lending transactions for business borrowers, their directors and other associated entities across a number of industry segments. These are typically documented on standardised documents but you may also be required to assist on larger bespoke transactions. You will be required to review agreements, draft advices and respond to queries from various teams across the lending business including the sales, marketing, documentation, product and collections teams.
What you offer
- Experience in finance and security arrangements
- 3-5 Years PQE experience
- Strong drafting skills and attention to detail
- The ability to manage competing priorities in an efficient and timely manner
- A strong risk manager with the ability to understand risk specific to various industry segments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
Macquarie employees can access a wide range of benefits which, depending on eligibility criteria and location, include:
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- Wellbeing and service bonus leave
- Up to 20 weeks paid parental leave as well as benefits to support you as you transition to life as a working parent
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, psychological and financial wellbeing
About Banking and Financial Services
Banking and Financial Services is our technology-driven retail bank. You will be part of a team that supports clients to achieve their full potential – whether that’s buying a home, growing a business, purchasing a car or investing to manage wealth.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a role regardless of their identity, including gender, race, ethnicity, cultural identity, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status, marital or family status, neurodiversity, religion or belief, disabilities, or socio-economic background.
If you require adjustments to your working arrangements or the recruitment process, please let us know when applying.