Our design function at Macquarie, headed by our Chief Design Officer, helps envision and deliver how customers experience our various products and services across multiple digital channels. We span across the full design spectrum, from early-stage conceptual design and research to delivering pixel-perfect interfaces on our digital platforms. We follow a human-centered, data-led approach to design and seek to win by collaborating with our partners and helping deliver exceptional customer experiences as a team.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.
What role will you play?
As a Senior Design Lead in the Service and Strategic Design team, you will lead a small and empowered team of designers. You will be responsible for employing a variety of human centred design methods and processes to inform the business’ thinking about what’s important to our customers and why. In this critical role, you will work closely with the product and transformation directors as well as the Digital Product Managers and Platform Owners who build and maintain the actual user-facing products that our users use. You will report to the Head of Service and Strategic Design for the bank and work closely with peers across the other divisions in both service and user experience design.
What you offer
- 3 + years of demonstratable leadership experience in Service Design, with responsibility for line management, and several years of relevant industry experience as a practitioner
- You will have shipped multiple consumers and/or business products and understand what it takes to create exceptional customer experiences
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative and respectful approach to leading a team. You will have proven experience consistently demonstrating credibility in cross-functional interactions
- A user and data-focused design mentality and commitment to design excellence, constantly looking to hone your team’s instincts through user feedback and data insight. You understand the role and importance of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
Macquarie employees can access a wide range of benefits which, depending on eligibility criteria and location, include:
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- Wellbeing and service bonus leave
- Up to 20 weeks paid parental leave as well as benefits to support you as you transition to life as a working parent
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, psychological and financial wellbeing
About Banking and Financial Services
Banking and Financial Services is Macquarie’s retail banking and financial services business, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management, business banking and vehicle finance products and services to retail clients, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.