We are not a regular bank, we’re a hyperscale Neobank with millions of customers. We think like a start-up, with the benefit of having the support of a large, established brand. As a Digital Bank, software engineering is at the core of what we do. Our engineers operate in an autonomous environment where they are empowered to “do it right” and continuously learn, becoming masters in their craft.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.
What role will you play?
As a developer in our Digital team, you will use industry best practice to build and maintain microservices including learning about the business, building and maintain high quality software in a DevOps manner, and helping automate testing and delivery.
You’ll work in a small team that is responsible for building some of the key APIs that power our award-winning online and mobile banking platforms for everyday banking customers. The features we build are key to providing a great experience for our customers. We use Java as our primary development language, our APIs are Microservices developed using Spring Boot and all of our services are containerised using Docker and deployed to GKE in the cloud.
What you offer
- Practical experience in Core and Enterprise Java. Java 8 or above is preferred.
- Practical experience with Spring and Spring Boot
- Experience designing and building applications from scratch
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience with event-based and message-driven distributed systems
- Good understanding of data structures, design patterns and algorithms, and experience in applying them to design pragmatic solutions
- Experience with SDLC tools (e.g. Bamboo, JIRA, GIT, Confluence)
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- Wellbeing and service bonus leave
- Up to 20 weeks paid parental leave as well as benefits to support you as you transition to life as a working parent
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, psychological and financial wellbeing.
If you would like to know more, read our Engineering Blog, where our engineers openly share their experiences: https://medium.com/macquarie-engineering-blog
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.