We have an exciting opportunity to join a group of diverse tax professionals on our Tax Reporting team.
Bringing your collaborative approach, you will have the opportunity to contribute your ideas within a supportive environment that seeks to include a variety of perspectives, while assisting the business in preparing analysis for transactions. In addition, you will coordinate with our tax and business finance teams to understand and highlight potential state and local tax technical issues with audits of filed returns, accounting positions, transactions, and new products.
The state and local income tax Senior Analyst responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing all manner of state and local tax issues.
- Preparing/reviewing complex transaction and restructuring related state tax analysis, liaising between tax advisory and tax reporting to ensure proper treatment included within state apportionment and state modifications of separate, consolidated, and unitary state tax return filings.
- Lead the annual state apportionment process coordinating with business unit finance teams, tax reporting and tax advisory to ensure accurate information is received and appropriate sourcing rules are followed.
- Preparing/reviewing responses to information document requests associated with state and local tax audits.
- Serve as administrator and subject matter expert on our state tax apportionment software application.
- Review quarterly estimated state tax payments and state tax extension calculations for material transaction considerations.
- Assist in on-going state notice resolution and state controversy matters.
- Identify process improvements, implement best practices, and monitor ongoing state tax law changes incorporating them into tax provision and return process.
- Manage the state tax filing tracker including updates for new and final filing requirements
To be successful in this role you will have a bachelor’s degree, in accounting and/or finance, Masters in Tax and or CPA is preferred but not required and have five years of relevant experience in a Financial Services organization or public accounting firm.
This role incorporates a flexible work arrangement allowing the individual to thrive at Macquarie.
If you are ready to put your tax skills to work and to be a part of a group of diverse tax professionals, apply today!
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.