Come join our team at the Associate level, based in Los Angeles, where you will have the opportunity to join a highly successful team who values collegial teamwork and dedication to excellence. The Consumer, Gaming & Leisure team has executed on 25+ advisory transactions since 2019, with a combined transaction value over $38 billion, and has also assisted in raising over $50 billion of debt and equity capital since 2019.
By leveraging Macquarie's global capabilities, you will apply your 3+ years of experience in investment banking to assist our clients in the Consumer, Gaming & Leisure space in meeting their financial and strategic needs.
Strong experience with Microsoft Office applications, financial modeling, managing, and delegating responsibilities and having an understanding of financial statements, accounting and finance will be necessary since you will participate in the full execution of advisory, capital raising and principal transactions. Your work will be centered around the pursuit of new business opportunities and executing existing client advisory mandates, as well as servicing existing portfolio investments including debt and equity positions.
To be successful in this role you will need strong attention to detail, an exceptional work ethic and time and process management skills.
Macquarie focuses on promoting within and is a place where you can build a career.
Learn more about working at Macquarie by visiting www.macquarie.com/careers
The Consumer, Gaming & Leisure team provides full-service investment banking and principal investment solutions to clients in the U.S. and around the world. Clients include prominent corporate and private equity companies. In the past several years, the Consumer, Gaming & Leisure team has executed many landmark transactions across M&A, debt, equity, and principal investing.
Examples of notable Consumer, Gaming & Leisure deals include:
- Exclusive Financial Advisor to Magic City Casino on its sale to Poarch Band of Creek Indians
- Exclusive Financial Advisor to Churchill Downs on its $2.75 billion acquisition of Peninsula Pacific Entertainment
- Financial Advisor to Light & Wonder on its $800 million sale of its Sports Betting Business, OpenBet, to Endeavor
- Exclusive Financial Advisor to Scientific Games on its $6.05 billion sale of its Lottery Business to Brookfield
- Lead Financial Advisor to Gamesys on its £2.4 billion sale to Bally’s
- Lead Financial Advisor to Apollo Global Management on its C$3.7 billion acquisition of Great Canadian Gaming
- Lead Financial Advisor to Institutional Investors, including Caledonia on the acquisition of a 34.9% stake in Scientific Games for $925 million
- Financial Advisor to Eldorado Resorts on its $17.3 billion acquisition of Caesars Entertainment and Joint Bookrunner for its $9.8 billion acquisition equity and credit facilities
- Joint Bookrunner for Corsair’s $257 million initial public offering
- Financial Advisor to The Stars Group on its $4.7 billion acquisition of Sky Bet and Joint Bookrunner for its $6.3 billion acquisition financing
- Financial Advisor to Golden Entertainment on its $850 million acquisition of American Casino & Entertainment Properties and Joint Bookrunner for its $1.1 billion acquisition credit facilities
- Lead Financial Advisor to Bally Technologies on its $5.1 billion sale to Scientific Games
About Macquarie Capital
Macquarie Capital offers global capability in M&A Advisory, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, Principal Finance, and Equity Trading and Research underpinned by deep specialist expertise across a range of sectors. Our people are empowered to think innovatively to address client challenges and originate opportunities, thinking beyond individual transactions to become a trusted adviser and partner over the long haul. From origination to execution, our unique combination of ideas, capital and expertise is transforming opportunity into reality for our clients and partners around the world.
With staff in 35 offices transacting across 31 countries, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Salary range for this position: $175,000 - $200,000/Yr. Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, peer and market data, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. You may also be eligible for an annual discretionary incentive compensation award. We offer a full spectrum of benefits, including Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Dependent Day Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability and Other Insurance Plans, Paid Time Off (including Sick Leave, Parental Leave and Vacation), Holidays, 401(k), and Short/Long Term Disability, in addition to other special perks reserved for our employees.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.