This sought-after position offers you an excellent opportunity to join our Macquarie Bank Europe aligned Market Risk team, co-located with the C-Suite in Dublin.
You will engage with the local regulator to ensure Macquarie Bank Europe meets requirements around the oversight of market and liquidity risks. Leading the Macquarie Bank Europe Market Risk team, with focus on:
- Traded Market Risk – monitoring and measurement of traded market risk exposures.
- Non-traded market risk – monitoring and measurement of interest rate risk in the banking book (Interest Rate Risk Banking Book) arising from loans and lending activity; and
- Liquidity Risk – overseeing Macquarie Bank Europe Treasury’s implementation of the liquidity risk framework
You will report directly to the Macquarie Bank Europe Chief Risk Officer, based in Dublin, with a functional reporting line to the Risk Management Group Market Risk – Head of Europe Middle East & Africa Entity Risk, based in London. This will include leading Market Risk representation on the Macquarie Bank Europe Board as required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Interaction and engagement with the regulator on Market and Liquidity Risk aspects
- Responsibility for 2nd line market and liquidity risk oversight of Macquarie Bank Europe
- Approval of new business, products and/or transaction proposals and market risk limit increases for Macquarie Bank Europe
- Maintenance and implementation of Market Risk management and governance frameworks and policies for Macquarie Bank Europe
- Ensuring effective operation of market risk processes and controls around businesses in Macquarie Bank Europe
- Provision of regular updates to Macquarie Bank Europe Chief Executive Officer and Chief Risk Officer
- Conducting regular performance discussions and annual performance appraisals with direct reports
- Day-to-day management of direct reports
We’re seeking an experienced Market Risk Director with 10+ years’ experience gained within an international financial institution or financial services firm or equivalent, with demonstrable experience of regulator interaction.
You will bring the ability to sustain a high level of performance under pressure with short deadlines and competing priorities, and you will have a strong analytical ability and judgment. You are a confident communicator with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, but capable of working independently. You can interact with stakeholders across all levels. You will also hold a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Mathematics or Economics or equivalent.
If you’re ready to join a global organisation and take your career to the next level, apply now online.
About the Risk Management Group
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.