Our Global Oil Trading team in Houston is looking for a highly technical individual to join our team as a trading analyst. Our desk trades across the entire barrel of oil products with a wide range of customers including producers, refiners, consumers, investors and other institutional clients. The desk is focused on growing its customer franchise and delivering derivative and physical solutions to clients.
As you spend more time in the role you will build up a highly specialized knowledge of commodities markets and complex financial products, including over the counter (“OTC”) derivatives, as well as Macquarie’s proprietary trading approaches, policies, strategies, and systems, including its proprietary risk control framework.
Your key areas of responsibility will include:
- Leveraging the data and technical tools at Macquarie to improve our research in commodity market fundamentals and identify possible trading opportunities
- Maintaining, updating, and improving trading and analysis tools
- Performing ad hoc analysis/research for all traders on desk
- Supporting the trading team to ensure traded risk is properly reflected in position and scenario analyses
- Performing daily tasks such as running risk reports, running profit and loss reports, and marking forward price curves
- Developing risk taking skills
You will need to bring the following skills and experience:
- 2-3 years’ relevant commodities experience in a trading, research, investment banking or consulting role strongly preferred
- degree in finance, economics, math, engineering, or sciences;
- demonstrated consistent success in:
- working closely within a team environment
- highly driven and self-starting
- handling high pressure situations
- excellent analytical, numerical reasoning, written and verbal communication skills
- entrepreneurial and creative in your approach to problem solving
- experience working with large quantities of data both in Excel as well as familiarity with database systems such as SQL
- technically skilled in Excel, and programming experience will also be essential
For more information, visit www.macquarie.com/careers
About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.