If you have an appreciation for Operational Risk/Data Management and want to build your career in this rapidly growing field, we have a unique and exciting opportunity to join our Group Data Office within Macquarie’s Financial Management Group (FMG) as a 12-month parental leave cover.
What impact will you have?
Driving the roll-out of data frameworks and financial control standards across Macquarie’s Financial Management Group, you will work closely with finance stakeholders and data officers across Macquarie to build effective ways of managing critical data. You will review, design and improve processes to drive the development, implementation and embedment of our data strategy, frameworks and standards. To ensure business adherence, you will support with ongoing monitoring and compliance.
In developing the frameworks and standards, and ensuring the embedment and adherence to the strategy, frameworks, and standards your key responsibilities are to:
- Build key relationships and work collaboratively with colleagues/senior stakeholders across the wider organisation and act as an escalation point on behalf of the team, to address roadblocks, deliver and/or clarify messages
- Drive consistency, provide feedback and identify opportunities for improvement
- Interpret the respective frameworks (operational risk management framework, enterprise data management, records and information management) to develop standards and guidance for practical application in business processes
- Present at senior forums
- Provide progress updates to the Data Risk & Records Management team, and escalate matters when required
- Deliver standards and guidance to divisional portfolio risk teams
- Develop an aggregated view on the consistency and effectiveness of data management and data risk management within the broader divisions
- Develop and manage effective attestation processes to support management representation letter, and other relevant attestations
- Develop measurable approaches to determine compliance with frameworks
- Continuous improvement with ongoing reviews, and where appropriate, to challenge the frameworks for effectiveness
What skills will you use?
As an experienced Operational Risk and/or Data Management professional, you will possess a strong interest in operational risk data management and governance. You’ll bring strong stakeholder and communication skills, including the ability to translate technical concepts into business concepts to be easily understood by non-technical people. With a passion to help the business engage with data and operational risk from a governance mindset, you’ll be able to clearly articulate the benefits of data governance to your stakeholders. You’ll bring experience working in financial services, or a highly regulated industry to hit the ground running.
Want to apply?
This is an exciting opportunity where you will find yourself involved in diverse work, utilising your strong communication skills to work collaboratively with and build relationships across multiple business groups. If you’d like to make an impact in this role, please apply today!
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders, and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.