Business Manager, Manager / Senior Manager
Bring your passion for finance, people, communications, and problem solving to an exciting and diverse role within the Finance and Tax team in our Banking and Financial Services (BFS) Group.
Reporting to the Finance and Tax COO, this is a highly visible role in a large team, where you will work closely with the BFS CFO and leadership team to help shape the culture of the team and ensure its effective management.
You’re proactive, efficient, energetic and have a bias to action. You’re always looking for an opportunity where you can make an impact and you take the initiative to see it through. You are highly empathetic, passionate about people and have a natural affinity for the team’s needs. You will flourish in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment and thrive on ambiguity.
Some typical responsibilities include:
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- People Enablement: owning the people enablement strategy in partnership with senior leaders, identifying and developing opportunities to lift the capability of our people, driving our team culture and championing employee engagement through ownership of diverse people initiatives including leading team Town Halls and facilitating workshops.
- Business Management: leaning on your experience as a Finance professional to ensure the successful execution of leadership decisions, maximising the team’s effectiveness through an effective operating rhythm, and providing management support for the operations of our team.
- Change Management and Communications: being a change agent, supporting the team through business change and applying your Finance knowledge to produce compelling communications across various channels, including executive reporting.
You will have demonstrated success working with leaders and their teams to deliver outcomes. To be successful in this role, you will have:
- a Finance background, preferably CA or CPA qualified
- Combined experience in finance, accounting, business management or similar role
- outstanding problem-solving skills and ability to take on different sets of responsibilities depending on the needs of the team
- exceptional communication and influencing skills, with an ability to synthesise information for all levels in a clear and concise way
- a proactive and curious mindset
- strong organisation skills, with an ability to plan and manage multiple concurrent priorities
- strong interpersonal skills and an ability to foster and build collaborative working relationships at all levels
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and empower our staff to aim for excellence in everything we do.
If this sounds like you, please apply today or reach out to Mandy Poon to learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Banking and Financial Services Group
Banking and Financial Services is Macquarie’s retail banking and financial services business, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management, business banking and vehicle finance products and services to retail clients, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.