Be at the heart of our business as we innovate and invest for a better future.
In Group Treasury, you will work in the financial centre of Macquarie, driving real change for our businesses. You will be part of a rapidly evolving function that is curious and not afraid to ask, ‘how can we do better?’ A team that is bold, always challenging the status quo, seeing solutions where others see obstacles. Join a team that is generous with its skills, knowledge, and expertise, so that we can achieve great things together.
In this team you will deliver strategic operational risk advice and measurement. You will help to embed risk policies and standards, coordinate internal and external stakeholders and facilitate forums and training to support Group Treasury’s delivery of a strong and efficient balance sheet.
What impact will you have?
As a Manager - BI Lead in our Group Treasury division, you’ll work directly with business stakeholders and functions across the group to develop clearly articulated business requirements and business intelligence solutions with a governance lens. In this, you’ll automate and transform processes, analyses, reports, and controls. You’ll interpret data requirements and develop these in Alteryx, then strategically plan and build to execute change and project deliverables. Working in a diverse team amongst high performers, you’ll be in an environment which encourages you to perform at your best.
Your key responsibilities are to:
- Scope, understand and gather business requirements and acceptance criteria. Document and translate business requirements to technical requirements.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis and modelling to validate business requirements and prototype solutions.
- Identify gaps, opportunities and recommend solutions for business problems.
- Develop and test in Alteryx and Power BI.
- Contribute to project prioritisation.
What skills will you use?
You’ll naturally be a strong communicator; proven in the positive working relationships you’ve developed with stakeholders in your current and/or past roles. You’ll understand finance, treasury, and institutional banking, and where Data/BI fits into that. Importantly, you will have a passion for this area and be driven to learn more about the domain with a curious mindset. You may come from a finance/accounting or consulting background and ventured into BI development, or a role delivering projects and change delivery.
To be a successful applicant you’ll bring:
- Demonstrated knowledge about data modelling and how to develop business intelligence (BI) insights.
- Working experience using Alteryx or very similar low code programming applications.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience in both projects and business as usual (BAU), and ability to articulate the differences between these ways of working and the agility to switch style.
- Proven multi-tasking skills to manage conflicting priorities and deliver to deadlines.
In addition, having the below will be advantageous to be successful in the role:
- Experience with Python, R, SQL and PowerBI.
- Experience in data and metadata management, governance and platforms like Collibra, Alation, Informatica DQ.
- CA/CPA qualifications, or a degree related to finance, with knowledge of treasury, capital markets and institutional banking.
We are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace, where different ideas are embraced. We believe that flexibility is a key driver to our people’s success and welcome the opportunity to discuss what flexibility means to you, including part time.
Help us transform our Group Treasury function and evolve the future of finance at Macquarie, apply now! Please not this will be a Sydney based role, working from home and the office 2-3 days per week.
About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.