In this role, you will utilise your expertise as a Business Analyst to make a difference, challenge the status quo and support Business stakeholders uplift processes and maintain a robust regulatory control environment.
As an integral team member you’ll bring knowledge of, and a genuine interest in business reporting processes and documentation and be a highly motivated and organised individual with strong interpersonal skills. You will be able to demonstrate success in prior roles within financial institutions or a Big 4 institution, involved in process mapping or documenting business requirements for a regulatory project and be looking for opportunities to take the next step in your career and expand your skill-set.
You have a track record of facilitating and delivering efficiencies and resolving issues in tight time frames that produce commercially sound results. Your structured approach to problem solving and ability to build and nurture meaningful relationships will be paramount to success, as you will be working directly with Director-level leaders and various teams across the Group. You are excited by change, enjoy keeping up with cutting edge market and technology developments, and have an entrepreneurial drive to identify and realise opportunities. You will have diverse responsibilities and be challenged daily whilst being part of a team that supports flexible working arrangements to suit your needs outside of work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assess and develop strong documentation of end-to-end regulatory reporting processes
- Interpreting and documenting user requirements and carrying out analysis of data and processes to drive decision making. You will also collaborate with technical teams to design and implement solutions, working across internal and external system dependencies.
- Embedding documentation and process maps to transition new regulatory returns to business-as-usual activities
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for automation, process improvement and efficiencies, through Product teams engagement and working with new technologies and platforms
- Partnering and building strong relationships with a variety of senior level stakeholders across the Banking Financial Services and the wider Macquarie group including Group teams, Product, Data, Technology and risk management teams
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement in the Reporting processes
- Keeps up-to-date with new and evolving regulatory reporting requirements, regulatory standard changes and the banking industry changes as a whole
Your technical skills and qualifications will include:
- A tertiary degree in Business/Commerce and 6+ years’ post-qualification experience in the financial services industry
- Previous experience and knowledge of regulatory reporting and/ or change focusing on business requirements, process maps or risk & controls matrix
- Strong risk and control mindset. Prior experience with system data flows would be beneficial
- Knowledge and a passion for data, reporting and analytics in a control environment
- Strong relationship building, communication and stakeholder management skills will also be paramount to your success in this role.
Finally, you will:
- Be curious, always asking, “What’s new,” and “How can we do this better”
- Be generous with your knowledge, time, and feedback
- Be bold, seeing challenges as opportunities that can be overcome as a team
- Have high energy and be able to adapt to, identify, drive and implement change
- Have a good working knowledge of finance and accounting concepts/standards and financial products and systems
- Have excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Demonstrate good planning and organisational skills
- Have strong stakeholder management
- Be able to meet deadlines under pressure
- Be a self-starter and independent worker
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career at Macquarie, meet new people and join a motivated team of professionals!
The salary range for this job is AUD $60,000 - AUD $80,000 plus.
About Banking and Financial Services
Banking and Financial Services is Macquarie’s retail banking and financial services business, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management, business banking and vehicle finance products and services to retail clients, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.