This is an opportunity for you to work with the existing Commodities and Global Markets (CGM)Technology Futures Execution Quality Assurance Team by contributing directly to the team’s deliveries, test automation, and process improvement initiatives supporting the Futures execution business. If you are an experienced Software Test Analyst/Automation Engineer with the desire to learn, you can be an addition to our dynamic and vibrant team with a diverse and inclusive culture.
You will be engaged in the sprint and project deliveries and continuous improvement initiatives including test automation within our Corporate Operations Group applications. Will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the project deliverables and will be reporting issues, progress, and risks in sprints, projects, and automation initiatives. You will also be responsible in identifying risks and issues related to quality for the projects you’ll be working on, identifying the appropriate test scope based on the requirements and will be balancing changing priorities within an agile process.
As an individual contributor:
• You will be in charge for analysing requirements, drafting test cases, Test Plans and Strategies, creating, and executing automated and manual test scripts.
• You will also be responsible for managing test defects and engaging the relevant stakeholders in the resolution of these defects.
If you are strong Test Analyst/Automation Engineer with:
• At least <3 years relevant work experience in software application testing, including
• Manual Functional Testing of front end, middleware and back-end systems
• Automation Testing (hands on experience)
• Testing in an Agile and Scrum framework
• Integration Testing (Front end to middleware to backend systems)
• Technology Experience on:
• Defect management tools like JIRA or something similar
• Any Test automation tool or scripting experience
• Working understanding of SQL, stored procedures, or any relational databases (preferably Sybase or Microsoft SQL management)
• Experience with testing complex applications and multiple systems with front end, database and server-side verifications.
• Experience with designing automation frameworks & test scripts for complex applications with multiple type of interfaces
• Financial industry experience related to Equities or Futures trading business, knowledge with FIX protocol and regulatory reporting would be highly regarded
• Can collaborate and communicate effectively within the team as well as across multiple teams, stakeholders and have vendor management experience
• Have a learning mindset, collaborative, innovative, pro-active, team player and a fast learner
• Can work under time pressure on a fast-paced agile environment and can flexibly work with multiple tasks shifting from one project to another.
• Can navigate through vague specifications and requirements and coordinate and engage relevant stakeholders to obtain clarity on expectations.
• Can work with minimal supervision
• Demonstrable track record of ownership and accountability
• Willingness to work in different time zones, if needed
• Highly self-motivated, flexible, adaptable and results oriented
• Preferably with a Computer Science degree, Engineering degree, Math major or equivalent
If you are ready for a new challenge within a rewarding and diverse environment, apply online today.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.