We are looking for an Analyst/Senior Analyst to join the Compliance team aligned to the Futures Clearing and Execution division of the Commodities and Global Markets (CGM) operating group. This is a full-time position that offers an excellent opportunity to further develop your compliance experience in a dynamic, commercial and fast-paced environment.
Sitting with the CGM business in Sydney, the role is challenging and requires broad involvement with compliance issues and regular interaction with stakeholders across global CGM and the Risk Management Group (RMG) teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provision of training on relevant regulatory related topics
- Working to provide advice to the business on compliance implications arising from business changes (e.g. New Products) and regulatory change
- Providing advice to the business in response to ad-hoc enquiries related to internal and external obligations
- Performing, and regularly reviewing, compliance monitoring plan assurance activities
- Review, update and implement policies and procedures as required
- Identifying and reporting regulatory risks
- Reporting on key compliance metrics to senior management in CGM and to RMG
- Responding to regulatory enquiries and incident management resolution and reporting
- Potential support opportunities in the wider CGM ANZ Business
- Contributing to the wider programme of work for the compliance team in regional and global projects
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have previous experience in markets compliance or knowledge of futures execution and clearing, and a working knowledge of the regulatory environment in which Macquarie operates (experience of regulatory projects and change initiatives desirable) and possess the commercial experience and analytical mindset to make sound recommendations on operational risk issues.
You will possess the ability to work independently, determine priorities and meet deadline, have strong interpersonal skills, initiative, and a good eye for detail and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
You will have an ability to take a pragmatic, commercial approach to risk and compliance whilst achieving desired outcomes, in addition to being able to engage effectively with a wide range of stakeholders to assist with regulatory change, management of incidents and regulatory interactions.
Finally, though not mandatory you will be degree educated in Finance or a related area.
About the Risk Management Group
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.