Join Macquarie’s Commodities & Global Markets effort in our Credit Distribution & Syndication team.
The Credit Distribution & Syndication Sales team covers institutional investors including banks, insurance companies, asset managers and pension funds to syndicate and distribute a variety of risk that Macquarie originates. The team is instrumental in distributing a variety of risk including trade finance, project finance, energy and infrastructure and private lending.
In this role, you will be an integral member of the team and work closely with various origination teams to identify risk to be distributed and work with investors to place the risk. You will have a good understanding or trade finance and structured lending as well as experience structuring, negotiating transaction documents, executing transactions and be involved in ongoing servicing of investors. You will also have experience and familiarity working with various functions including legal, credit, capital, accounting and tax.
You will bring to this role:
- a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- a minimum of 3-7 years of experience in commodity Sales, Trading, Origination, Structuring, Transaction Banking or Investment Banking
- proven multi-year track record of additive economic results
- willingness to travel and a desire to develop important client relationships
- experience throughout the Americas and in multiple industries
- combination of entrepreneur spirit, quantitative analysis, attention to details and communication skills to drive growth and revenue
- experience in trading or delivering client solutions in financial, and physical commodity markets
- conduct all business in a manner compliant with all bank requirements
- general understanding of capital markets, credit risk and market risk
- ability to develop financial models and read financial statements
- demonstrated understanding of a financial institution’s operations and requirements
Your additional responsibilities will cover:
- quantitative analysis and ability to translate/communicate analysis into actionable client solutions across Macquarie’s vast trading and finance portfolio
- constant interaction with credit, legal, operations, and origination teams is necessary to advance target transactions
- working on cross selling with other markets desk, such as Credit, FX, Interest Rates as well as Macquarie Capital and Macquarie Asset Management
- developing models for credit and risk analysis and management presentations for transaction approvals
- collaboration with internal partners to book, monitor, and report upon transactions
- managing and sending market research to clients/desk distribution
- participating in regular team calls and being available by email/phone/chats
- managing and growing client relationships
If you are motivated to join a leading global provider within the markets industry, please apply online now. For more information, visit www.macquarie.com/careers
About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities. We are a market leader in the environmental products space, having been awarded the 2020 Environmental Products Bank of the Year by Risk Magazine.
Our COVID-19 policy
In line with local regulations, all Macquarie employees in New York are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel in New York City, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Outside of New York, proof of vaccination is not required to attend a Macquarie office, travel for business, or attend an external business event.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.