Join Macquarie’s Commodities & Global Markets business as a Cross Asset Investor Sales analyst within our hybrid Quantitative Investment Solutions (QIS) and Hedge Fund (HF) desk. This sales team serves as the conduit between clients and traders in one or more product areas, providing clients with trade ideas, live markets and structured product support.
In this role, you will be an integral member of the team and work closely with various clients and colleagues, providing ad hoc market commentary, desk support, prospecting, and identifying new potential clients. You will provide secondary support for large and medium clients, primary support for smaller sized clients, as well as focusing on transactions and production.
You will bring to this role:
- a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 1-3 years of experience in commodity Sales, Trading, Origination, Structuring, Transaction Banking or Investment Banking
- drive and desire to contribute as part of a successful team
- enthusiasm and ambition to succeed
- a combination of entrepreneurial spirit, quantitative analysis, attention to detail and strong communication skills to drive growth and revenue
Your additional responsibilities will cover:
- Analyze desk processes (booking, recapping, valuations) and find ways to automate and streamline
- Provide regular market commentary
- Identify potential clients / prospecting / cold calling
- Contact prospective customers to determine customer needs, present information, or explain available products and services
- Complete sales orders and submit for processing of client-requested transactions
- Record transactions accurately, and keep clients informed about transactions
- Customize cross asset index implementation via swaps and options
- Relay buy or sell orders to firm trading departments
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts
- Collaborate with others in the organization to ensure successful implementation of ideas and cross product marketing
If you are motivated to join a leading global provider within the markets industry, please apply online now. For more information, visit www.macquarie.com/careers
About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities. We are a market leader in the environmental products space, having been awarded the 2020 Environmental Products Bank of the Year by Risk Magazine.
Our COVID-19 policy
In line with local regulations, all Macquarie employees in New York are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel in New York City, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Outside of New York, proof of vaccination is not required to attend a Macquarie office, travel for business, or attend an external business event.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.