It is an exciting time at Macquarie Bank as we look to expand our team of Designers and Researchers, within our Business Banking Division.
As a Service Designer, you will be based in a strategically focused design team working across Research, Product and Service Design initiatives. It is our team’s mission to ensure we are delivering a leading digital experience to our Clients, Advisers, and Employees.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about engaging with customers, intermediaries and staff to develop insights and opportunities that will drive demonstrable business change.
You will have an excellent understanding of, and be experienced in, using different design methodologies to solve problems using Human Centred Design, whilst balancing this with delivering measurable business value. These roles will require collaborating with other designers, insights managers, business analysts, product owners and SMEs to identify complex problems and iterate solutions.
You will work with senior members of the design team on design approaches and help business stakeholders make sense of findings to apply insights to drive action. An essential part of your role will be building stakeholder alignment and advocacy to ensure prioritised work is delivering defined customer value, as well as coaching and mentoring teams in HCD on prioritised initiatives.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a systems-thinker with a strategic mindset, with strong problem-solving skills, a passion for dealing with people and a willingness to learn.
What you’ll do:
- Working with the other designers, and stakeholders, you will work on the established design approach to deliver value to the business and the team.
- Help to conduct exploratory, generative, and evaluative research activities to identify insights from customers, employees and stakeholders using qualitative and quantitative methods, including unmoderated and moderated techniques, interviews, surveys and assist with research recruitment.
- Visually communicate ‘show, don’t tell’ through service design artifacts including personas, journey maps, service blueprints and life cycles.
- Design customer centric service and product solutions within a complex ecosystem, enterprise applications and contribute to design standards.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Business Analysts, Engineers, Product Managers, Researchers and Designers to solve problems, conduct design activities and research.
- Advocate for the customer through research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and presentations.
- Assist with service design activities, challenge established thinking, and develop new approaches to complex design problems.
- Assist to design and facilitate workshops for ideation and iteration, for small and large groups, remotely and in person.
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in design and recent experience as a Service Designer
- A strong portfolio showcasing knowledge and experience of Service Design across varied users, business problems, and devices.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Human Computer-Interaction or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong design research skills, iterative design and prototyping and facilitation of usability testing.
- Ability to produce high quality artefacts such as personas, journey maps, task models, wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Highly skilled in design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and online collaboration tools eg. Mural.
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment and resilience in the face of shifting priorities.
- Boundless curiosity about how people use technology and how to create great experiences
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- Ability to play nicely as part of a multi-disciplinary team, inspired by group critique.
Desired skills & experience:
- Knowledge and experience working with brand and design systems.
- Involvement in delivering a service model transformation in a large-scale enteprise.
- Experience interviewing and dealing with B2B clients.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn Business Model Canvas, Value Proposition Canvas, Jobs to be done methodologies.
- Experience working within financial services desirable.
If this sounds like you, please send a CV and portfolio. We’d like you to be able to show your abilities to us in an interview, through your portfolio showcasing experience where you have previously shipped service design for digital products.
About Banking and Financial Services
Banking and Financial Services is Macquarie’s retail banking and financial services business, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management, business banking and vehicle finance products and services to retail clients, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.