On offer is an opportunity to work as part of our Group Data Office within a collaborative team supported by strong leadership. If you have excellent communication skills and an ability to work across a broad cross section of stakeholders, we would love to hear from you. The role will suit applicants with 1-2 years of experience, with a strong background in Finance and Accounting and a keen interest in Data Management. Experience in data within financial institutions or with consulting firms is highly regarded.
Have an interest in Finance and Data?
Come and join a team that is responsible for ensuring that our most important data is cared for across business processes and systems. The team is part of the Group Data Office for the Financial Management Group at Macquarie.
In this role you will have the opportunity to expand your business knowledge and learn more about Data Management practices through ongoing training and involvement in projects. We are a collaborative team that is spread across the globe working with project teams to build out governance on of one of our most important assets – data.
Day to day you will be working with business stakeholders and project teams to understand their key business processes and change initiatives and help translate them into data management outcomes
within the context of the technology and processes supporting our finance business.
Alongside project engagement you can expect:
- provide input in the strategy and project planning for data management processes and policies
- partner with and guide stakeholders to build their data management maturity
- work with stakeholders to understand data requirements, business processes and data flows
- be involved in documentation and data element mapping across systems (definitions, validations, lineage, and assessment of data quality controls)
- monitor the progress of data management outcomes and resolve risks and issues raised by stakeholders
- work to implement and embed the use of new data management tools across the business
We are looking for someone who has had 1-2 years’ experience in related roles – consulting within data/finance, business analyst or data analyst. Prior experiences in data management or finance roles within financial services institutions though not mandatory would be highly regarded.
To be successful in the role, you will ideally come with
- a strong background in data, finance or consulting which could have been gained through your education and/or previous work experiences.
- An ability to form and leverage excellent relationships across functional areas, a demonstrated bias to action, and sense of urgency
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with excellent business judgment, strategic thinking, and the ability to communicate with executive business partners
- A strong ability to communicate effectively with business stakeholders.
This is an exciting opportunity where you will find yourself involved in diverse work, utilizing your strong communication skills to work collaboratively with and build relationships across multiple business groups.
If you have any questions on this position, please feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.