Our Commodities and Global Markets Data Transformation is an exciting program of work as we embark on our journey to build the innovative and future ready Data Platform that will help Macquarie businesses meet customer needs.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.
Open for Sydney and Melbourne based applicants.
What role will you play?
As a Lead Data Engineer, you will be a technical subject matter expert and lead the design and development of data engineering solutions as we migrate to a new exciting platform.
You will work closely with various stakeholders to help execute on our data strategy. You will also manage and mentor data engineers; helping them to develop their engineering skills, whilst driving a strong engineering culture within the team.
What you offer
- Demonstrated experience working as a Data Engineer across data warehousing, big data, data pipelines and working with SQL etc. and have expert technical knowledge and experience
- Previous experience managing or leading a team and a track record of success for delivery
- Strong experience working Docker
- Experience working with AWS
- Strong experience with Python and Git
- Expert knowledge in reviewing and constructing code, scripting and building out platforms to the highest level of accuracy and innovation
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- Wellbeing and service bonus leave
- Up to 20 weeks paid parental leave as well as benefits to support you as you transition to life as a working parent
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, psychological and financial wellbeing
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.