Join our Legal Entity Control team in Jacksonville, FL and take on a broad range of responsibilities across financial reporting, financial compliance and Legal entity control of Macquarie Group entities part of the Americas Regional Finance team, having exposure to various businesses within the firm.
Your responsibilities will include:
- preparing financial statements for Macquarie group subsidiary entities, including analytical review.
- audit management (including group audit) including planning, issue management, escalation and debriefs.
- US GAAP and/or IFRS based financial reporting.
- preparation of financial information for Macquarie group subsidiary entities, including presentation to senior stakeholders.
- coordination and collaboration with Accounting Policy, Tax, Global Governance teams as well as other Legal Entity Control teams.
- ensuring governance of control standards specific to finance within the Americas region, involving collaboration and co-ordination with Business specific legal entity controllers or other finance teams.
- providing support for re-structures involving Americas Regional Finance entities.
- improving processes, controls and systems that impact the financial information related to legal entities.
- undertaking projects, improvement initiatives via automation initiatives and standardization approaches, including representation in group-wide and global initiatives.
- regular compliance activities which form part of ongoing monitoring and control – performing periodic balance sheet and P&L analytical review, impairment reviews as well as performing legal entity capital management activities including the monitoring of legal entity solvency, as well as proposing dividends, recapitalization, and capital returns.
- assisting the Tax Reporting team by providing legal entity performance drivers and fluctuations analysis for the preparation of tax returns and regular payments.
You will have the opportunity to hone your business and communication skills as you will have the opportunity to work with various stakeholders on legal entity related projects, including presenting entity results to senior stakeholders as well as senior regional and global Macquarie stakeholders.
Your background will include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- postgraduate / professional accounting qualification, preferably CPA
- at least 2 years of post-qualification experience with a strong focus on the technical / specialist skills mentioned above
- prior experience in Group Reporting / Financial Statement Preparation / US GAAP exposure is a key preference.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our COVID-19 policy
In line with local regulations, all Macquarie employees in New York are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel in New York City, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Outside of New York, proof of vaccination is not required to attend a Macquarie office, travel for business, or attend an external business event.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.