This is an opportunity for a Data Governance Manager, to work with a wide range of stakeholders across Macquarie's support businesses to help our Risk Management Group continue to meet its Enterprise Data Management obligations to improve the confidence in the quality of the data.
As a Manager you will be responsible for leading and assessing enterprise critical data usages to capture Critical Data Elements, these will include understanding and documenting end-to-end data flows and system processes and identifying potential data risks and issues and assessing them against their mitigating controls. You will also be responsible for recognizing opportunities for enhancements of processes and controls
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced business or Technical Analyst, ideally relating to Data Governance and possess strong project management and stakeholder engagement skills. Ideally you will have exposure to the financial services industry and have experience with Enterprise Data Management tooling, e.g., Collibra, Data Profiling and Data Quality solutions.
If you are interested in this exciting new opportunity, please apply directly via the links provided.
A typical day in this role will includes,
- Managing key initiatives in meeting Enterprise Data Management framework implementation
- Critical Data Element identification (perform criticality assessment) and approval facilitation.
- Business metadata definition and assessment through stakeholder workshops.
- Data lineage mapping.
- Data Risk and Control identification and assessment.
- Data Profiling via Informatica Analyst.
- End-to-End review of implementation and findings.
- Data governance advisory (e.g., best practice, data policy compliance).
- Identification of data gaps and recommendations for strategic remediation.
- Data Governance business overview sessions (e.g., Enterprise Data Management Framework, Principles, Procedure, Metrics and Tools).
- Coaching and mentoring members of the Data Governance Team.
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Strong business analysis or technical analysis skills with attention to detail.
- Strong communication and influencing skills. The ability to build rapport at all levels across the organisation.
- The ability to work autonomously, manage stakeholders, and deliver on multiple streams of work simultaneously.
- Previous experience in data governance or data management.
- Good project management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Relevant business, quantitative or IT related degree qualification.
- Enterprise Data Management tooling, e.g., Collibra, Data Profiling and Data Quality solutions, e.g., Informatica IDQ (nice to have)
- Experience in Agile delivery (nice to have).
- Previous financial services industry experience (nice to have)
About the Risk Management Group
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.