Work as a part of a highly skilled team and be involved in all aspects of Margining with regards to OTC, Repo, Futures, Clearing and Collateral Optimisation. You will join the team during a busy time of growth, created by the roll out of new Margin Regulations and as the team continues to expand its product coverage.
In this role, your responsibilities will require you to:
- ensure all margin calls are issued by required cut-offs on a daily basis
- ensure all client reporting has been distributed as per set schedules
- respond to all margin calls received in group email box in an accurate and timely manner
- manage Regulatory Portfolio Reconciliations to ensure all breaks are investigated fully and escalated as necessary
- ensure all payments have been processed on a daily basis
- report portfolio and margin disputes to our credit officers and carry out investigations with the business and client to resolve
- help as we go-live with the new margin Reg IM margin requirements
- ensure all futures client cash movements are processed by required cut-offs on a daily basis
- manage the team’s daily collateral optimisation opportunities with our Clearing Exchanges
- investigate cash and non-cash collateral breaks and resolve as a priority
- work across alongside our sales and trading desks on new initiatives and see these through to a successful conclusion.
You will have excellent written and oral communication skills, be a highly motivated, proactive, risk-aware and resilient individual with a positive approach to challenging work environment. Your sound business judgement and strong interpersonal skills will be well utilised as well.
Experience in middle office operations and working knowledge of OTC derivatives, Repo or Futures business would be of beneficial although not a prerequisite.
If you’re driven to grow your career in an innovative and leading Financial Services organisation, please apply now!
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.