Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join Macquarie Capital as a Product Owner of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) maximizing product value by working closely with business stakeholders and development teams? If so this 18-month fixed-term role within our team is for you!
To be successful in this role, you’ll have extensive experience of consulting stakeholders to understand business needs and translating these to deliver business outcomes utilizing Agile SAFe delivery methodology. As a Product Owner you will be expected to have advanced ability with creating and delivering clear product roadmaps of technical features and requirements, translating the high-level product vision, and considering market direction and input from existing or potential customers.
Preferably, you will have experience in banking and financial services to be able to easily translate banking process into requirements for automation.
As Product Owner you will be supported by a Chief Product Owner to translate the strategic vision into a specific technical roadmap and provide product management leadership to the engineering teams during the execution of the roadmap. Your responsibilities will encompass creating and regularly updating the technical product roadmap at feature level to ensure business objectives are fulfilled, supported by realistic implementation estimates and taking project dependencies into account.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with Business Analysts and SMEs to define requirements
- Managing the product backlog for the assigned feature team. This includes identifying, grooming and prioritising items, ensuring the value of the work the feature team delivers, and ensuring that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear
- Assisting in reviewing and developing acceptance criteria, accepting stories
- Responsibility for ensuring testing strategy is sufficient to deliver quality product
- Ensuring Data Governance and Technology governance policies, processes and procedures are implemented through projects & BAU delivery
- Hosting of Steering Committees with senior leaders to communicate product roadmap, delivery timelines and a prioritized backlog
- Promoting continuous improvement and innovation
To be considered for this role you will have:
- 7-10 years product management and delivery experience
- Agile, waterfall and hybrid project delivery experience
- Strong senior stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Ability to understand technical issues and understand impact on projects and effectively communicate these issues and impact to direct reports as well as other project stakeholders
- Proficiency with various Software Development Lifecyles (SDLC)
- Resiliency and flexibility to change; ability to think laterally to solve complex problems
- Experience working in investment banking or similar highly regulated financial services environment
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring, and controlling programs
You are pragmatic, able to balance to strategic direction with tactical needs, have strong planning and organizational skills. You have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) to influence and negotiate with senior executive leadership and other teams. You are a strong team player and collaborator with the ability to think strategically and articulate a clear vision.
If this sounds like you, please apply today! To learn more about Macquarie visit www.macquarie.com/careers
About Macquarie Capital
Macquarie Capital offers global capability in M&A Advisory, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, Principal Finance, and Equity Trading and Research underpinned by deep specialist expertise across a range of sectors. Our people are empowered to think innovatively to address client challenges and originate opportunities, thinking beyond individual transactions to become a trusted adviser and partner over the long haul. From origination to execution, our unique combination of ideas, capital and expertise is transforming opportunity into reality for our clients and partners around the world.
With staff in 35 offices transacting across 31 countries, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry. Macquarie received 2020 World’s Best Investment Bank in Infrastructure award by Global Finance.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.