Join the Macquarie Capital Financial planning & analysis team as an FP&A Executive.
Supporting the Macquarie Capital business, our Financial planning & analysis team is responsible for presenting on the performance of the business, with key responsibilities including analysing, reviewing, and discussing information with relevant stakeholders.
In this role you will be involved in the preparation of management reporting deliverables for Macquarie Capital globally. You will support the FP&A team to proactively partner with the business to provide insights and analysis to Macquarie Capital senior management to help drive business performance, as well as having the drive and energy to challenge existing processes and implement reporting and business improvement initiatives.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following tasks in your role:
- Monthly Macquarie Capital results preparation, analysis and management reporting, including analysis of Macquarie Capital P&L results during and following month end close, and the preparation of monthly management packs provided to senior management
- Detailed expense analysis and reporting
- Preparation of the Macquarie Capital forecasting deliverables across P&L, funding and capital, including modelling forecast outcomes and sensitivities, liaising with Central support teams, deal teams and Finance globally, and presenting to senior management
- Timely response to requests for Macquarie Capital deal and portfolio analysis
- Involvement in strategic data and management reporting projects
- Close interaction with Macquarie Capital deal and operations teams, as well as Finance, Group Treasury, Risk Management and other support functions
- Support automation initiatives across the Financial planning & analysis team
Your technical skills and qualifications will include a tertiary degree in Accounting or similar, a CA/CPA qualification is essential., You will be a confident performer who has a background in accounting, finance, risk or treasury and a strong interest in maintaining a career in financial services. Experience working with PowerBI is preferred but not essential.
Finally, you will:
- be curious, always asking, “What’s new,” and “How can we do this better”
- be generous with your knowledge, time, and feedback
- be bold, seeing challenges as opportunities that can be overcome as a team
- [this is already noted ?]have exceptional communication skills
- have the ability to influence senior stakeholders.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and empower our staff to aim for excellence in everything we do. We believe that flexibility is a key driver to our people’s success and welcome the opportunity to discuss what flexibility means to you.
If you are a passionate, well rounded Finance professional with a strong track record in business partnering, please apply directly.
Learn more about a career with us, by visiting www.macquarie.com/careers
About Macquarie Capital
Macquarie Capital offers global capability in M&A Advisory, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, Principal Finance, and Equity Trading and Research underpinned by deep specialist expertise across a range of sectors. Our people are empowered to think innovatively to address client challenges and originate opportunities, thinking beyond individual transactions to become a trusted adviser and partner over the long haul. From origination to execution, our unique combination of ideas, capital and expertise is transforming opportunity into reality for our clients and partners around the world.
With staff in 35 offices transacting across 31 countries, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.