Enhance frameworks, advise key stakeholders and manage change.
The Banking Product Risk and Compliance team within our Banking and Financial Services Group has a strong reputation and is actively engaged with the business at all levels. You will join our team as a Risk Manager and work with Senior Leaders to actively manage end to end risks for our Banking Products including Home Loans, Asset Finance & Business Lending.
This is a true business facing risk role, where you will utilise your proven leadership and stakeholder management skills to advise the business and get involved in regulatory change advice and implementation, partner on upcoming business projects and innovations and manage regulatory consultations and industry engagements. This role offers a lot of variety, real career progression and delivers a broad view of products in their entire life cycle.
If you have risk or compliance experience from a Retail Banking or Regulatory environment, we would like to hear from you.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- reviewing and enhancing the compliance and risk management framework across multiple retail banking products such as home loans, business lending and asset finance
- advising the business on new and changed regulations and standards, and assisting the business to assess business impacts and implement change
- advising the business on any new projects and innovations and assist in designing solutions whilst assessing the change to risk profile and implementing mitigants
- managing and co-ordinating any regulatory notice or consultation impacting the Banking business.
To be successful, you will be an experienced risk or compliance professional with a proven track-record in, and understanding of, risk management and the regulatory environment in retail financial services and/or banking. You will also:
- hold relevant tertiary qualifications in Law, Finance, Commerce or a similar discipline
- have strong communication and interpersonal skills, resilience and sound judgement
- ability to influence change by developing trusted relationships as a key risk advisor
- demonstrate a high degree of commercial acumen and self-motivation
- possess the ability to deliver in a fast-paced, output focused environment
- have the ability to bring a high level of energy and commitment to the team.
If you possess solid compliance or risk management experience from within the retail banking sector or a financial services regulator and are looking to progress your career, please apply by following the link.
About Banking and Financial Services
Banking and Financial Services is Macquarie’s retail banking and financial services business, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management, business banking and vehicle finance products and services to retail clients, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.