Join our agile team as a Senior Network Automation developer to help us realise our vision to become a fully automated, self-service infrastructure provider, focused on excellent customer outcomes.
Our Network Automation team is responsible for developing innovative new ways to manage and automate Macquarie’s global network, including:
- designing and building infrastructure-as-code solutions to simplify and standardise the management of network configuration
- building out self-service interfaces to improve agility for internal customers, including utilising modern microservice frameworks
- automating standard service management tasks to make them zero-touch where possible
- improving operational stability through automated testing, validation and verification.
Our team works closely with the Network Engineering and Architecture teams, working with multiple stakeholders across our internal teams to drive end-to-end solutions.
This role provides the opportunity to gain experience with a broad range of technologies, including but not limited to:
- building out modern APIs using Python API frameworks (Django Rest Framework)
- cloud technologies such as AWS, containerisation technologies such as Docker
- configuration Management technologies including Ansible
- message Queues, Task Workers, SQL and NoSQL databases
- single-page frontend applications including the development of microportals (Vue.js)
- multiple industry-leading network technologies, including firewalls, switches, routers, load balancers, proxies and more.
This is a great opportunity to work with modern tech in a diverse team with a great, supportive culture, and will present the opportunity for the successful applicant to help provide technical leadership within the team.
To excel in this role, you will:
- have strong experience developing infrastructure automation in a high-level software language (Python preferred)
- be able work directly with our internal customers and stakeholders to understand their requirements, design and break down solutions
- have some exposure to Networking and preferably one or more device types (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, proxies etc)
- have knowledge of API concepts and the ability to both build and consume API endpoints
- have experience with secure code development practices
- be experienced in working in a team environment, utilising DevOps processes and source control systems
- be able to help provide mentoring to more junior staff in the team.
If this sounds like an environment that is an ideal career opportunity, please apply to it or for more information reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities.
From day one, you will be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.