Financial Crime Risk, within Macquarie’s Risk Management Group, drives a high and consistent level of compliance, advancing Macquarie's global financial crime risk management program. The team is responsible for anti-money laundering, anti-bribery & corruption and sanctions risk management for bank and non-bank activities.
This role will provide you the opportunity to play a critical part in Macquarie’s global financial crime risk management program and support the day to day activities to meet its AML/CTF, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery & Corruption (AB&C) responsibilities.
Our Financial Crime Risk team work to ensure the activities of Macquarie Group comply, in a consistent manner globally, with applicable legislative and regulatory requirements and acceptable risk parameters relating to Anti-Money Laundering & Counter Terrorism Financing, Anti-Bribery & Corruption and Sanctions requirements in every jurisdiction in which it operates, and in a manner consistent with the Macquarie Risk Management Strategy.
To succeed in this role, you will ideally have experience in a monitoring/investigations role in financial crime, fraud or market surveillance with knowledge of AML/CTF legislation, suspicious matter reporting requirements and knowledge of banking operations.
In this role, your key responsibilities will include:
- reviewing transaction monitoring alerts and conduct initial analysis of transactions to determine if there are potential money laundering or terrorism financing red flags and should be referred for further investigation
- using banking systems and software to pursue lines of inquiry in relation to customers (people and organisations), source of funds, beneficial owners and related parties
- drafting alert disposition notes outlining lines of inquiry and actions taken
- carrying out customer screening and research as part of the review
- maintaining records for correspondence received by law enforcement agencies, if required
- compiling regulatory reports for AML/CTF regulator AUSTRAC, if required
- identifying trends and themes for intelligence purposes, if any.
To be considered for this opportunity you will be a team player with exceptional attention to detail, strong analytical and research skills and driven to deliver high quality outcomes in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
About the Risk Management Group
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.