As a Data Quality specialist within the Macquarie Capital Data & Analytics team, you will play a key role in the management of the organisation’s data management and critical data, working across Macquarie capital and enterprise teams to establish and deliver an uplift to our data quality practices.
Key responsibilities include supporting end to end data quality ensuring we establish a robust operating model for both the enterprise and business level to allow data quality exception management, data quality reporting, and delivery of the data quality stream of work over our critical data.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the execution of critical data element assessments and mapping by a large group of stakeholders across the organisation (understanding data flows, where data quality measurement should occur, defining business rules, translating business rules to data quality rules, executing rules and oversight of exception management). You will oversee implementation and operation of the enterprise data quality tools to discover, define, assess and measure data quality rules to improve data quality. This will include managing a pipeline to connect tooling to databases or create access to the data via our data hub.
In addition, you will drive the end to end data quality process to ensure that data quality issues are being identified, communicated and remediated. You will manage the analysis of enterprise data quality issues, facilitating the determination of issue impact, root cause and solution options, as well as the design and production of management reports on data quality, including issue management and remediation. You will also contribute to the development of data management frameworks and processes and manage business glossaries and data dictionaries for existing systems and new initiatives. You will provide subject matter expertise for data management within data projects to ensure metadata is managed, data is mastered, data meets quality requirements, data management processes are implemented, and projects are de-risked.
To be successful in this role, you will have a relevant tertiary qualification and relevant skills, experience and attributes as outlined below:
- able to communicate data concepts and technical information in simple business terms
- able to support a broad range of stakeholders working towards a common goal
- experience defining data quality rules / defining and translating business rules / identifying and assessing data controls
- experience in overseeing implementation and use of data quality tooling, including hands on expertise (e.g. Informatica IDQ, Trillium, Information Analyzer)
- an appreciation of how the dimensions of data quality relate to the definition, measurement and improvement of data quality
- ability to analyse data to identify measurement points, translate data element definitions to identify physical data and
- exposure to database management, data warehousing, or data lake technology
- exposure to business glossary and data dictionaries;
- exposure to contemporary metadata management technology (e.g. Collibra, EDC, Axon, Alex)
- strong experience with writing SQL queries and understanding basic database modeling
- ability to work independently and with others
- maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
The following skills and experience will be highly regarded:
- Financial Services industry experience
- experience working on regulatory data or regulatory reporting projects in a data management capacity
- experience working with trade data, accounting data, reference data, and master data
- vendor certifications in data quality tools
- data-related experience in complex organisational environments.
- experience as a data quality lead, data migration lead, data integration lead or leading streams on technical data projects that require strong business interaction, translation into technical requirements, and delivery delivery oversight.
About Macquarie Capital
Macquarie Capital offers global capability in M&A Advisory, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, Principal Finance, and Equity Trading and Research underpinned by deep specialist expertise across a range of sectors. Our people are empowered to think innovatively to address client challenges and originate opportunities, thinking beyond individual transactions to become a trusted adviser and partner over the long haul. From origination to execution, our unique combination of ideas, capital and expertise is transforming opportunity into reality for our clients and partners around the world.
With staff in 35 offices transacting across 31 countries, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.