What impact will you have?
As an experienced Information Management and Data Governance specialist, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to join the newly created Records Management Office, within our Financial Management Group. Acting as the subject matter expert across a number of initiatives, you will utilise your background in compliance, governance, and operational risk management to ensure the effective operation of the group’s Records and Information Management framework.
In this role, you will be required to work across a broad stakeholder network and, build and maintain strong relationships and influence your key stakeholders. Your success in this role will require exceptional stakeholder management, working closely with senior members of each of the broader Financial Management Group Divisions to support, guide and manage compliance with Macquarie’s Records and Information Management policies and standards.
Your strong analytical, problem solving skills, coupled with your experience within financial services, compliance, governance, and operational risk management, will ensure you are successful in this role. An understanding of Enterprise Data and Information Management, including data privacy concepts would be desirable for this role.
As the Records & Data Governance Manager, you will develop and implement the Record Management framework and embed a culture of compliance across the Financial Management Group. Key role requirements will include:
- establishing and implementing records management governance standards by:
- facilitating, guiding, and supporting the implementation of Macquarie’s Records and Information Management Policies, Standards and Record Retention Schedule
- operationalising and embedding the Records Management framework and approach
- facilitating and supporting the Grouo with records management risks and issues
- promoting effective information management across the organisation
- developing and managing a communication and training plan for Records Management requirements
- guiding and supporting Records Stewards and broader staff in meeting their obligations and responsibilities, and assistance with any records management queries
- performing targeted reviews of the Financial Management Group’s adherence to Macquarie’s Record and Information Management policies and standards
- developing and implementing plans to ensure that Divisional Record Retention Schedule requirements are regularly reviewed and updated
- supporting the Data Governance and Risk Lead with meaningful reporting and content for relevant forums and committees
- facilitating and supporting Records Stewards with the development and monitoring of remediation plans for related non-compliance with Macquarie’s Record and Information Management policies and standards
What skills will you use?
You’ll be a subject matter expert across a number of initiatives, as well as ensuring compliance with Macquarie’s Records and Information Management policies and standards. You’ll bring at least 5+ years of relevant experience in compliance, governance, and operational risk management in information and data management roles within the banking/financial services or similar highly regulated industries.
Other skills & experience you may possess includes:
- sound knowledge and understanding of compliance, privacy principles, information, and data management
- strong analytical skills and be able to interpret compliance requirements and solutions to manage and prioritise work, with a demonstrated experience in effective problem solving
- have both a strong desire to work with business and functional teams, plus have a proven ability to work across all levels of stakeholders and build networks quickly
- excellent written and oral communication skills, including listening and interpersonal skills
- demonstrate strong relationship building skills with senior management regarding anticipated issues and competing and changing priorities
- understanding regulatory expectations for financial institutions with regards information and data management.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Within the Financial Management Group, we are curious, generous and bold and utilise this approach to ensure we deliver on our strategy of strengthening foundations and enabling growth.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.