Join our Workplace Desktop engineers who are responsible for the design, deployment and maintenance of solutions using Technology services like Windows 10, Configuration Manager, Azure Services (Azure AD, In-Tune MDM) and hardware devices.
As a Desktop Engineer, you will join the Devices and Desktop Services team, which supports and enables our global activities by providing a global desktop platform. This area has seen significant growth in the past few years and focuses on group-wide, user-facing technologies that enhance the way the group collaborates and does business. The team is currently engaged in several projects including cloud based productivity and collaboration tools, enhanced mobility and BYOD, virtual desktop enhancements, Windows 10, MacBook, security product upgrades, and various business-driven projects.
With your self-starter attitude and broad range of experience in the enterprise IT world, you will be responsible for assisting with the design, implementation, and support a Windows 10 desktop migration to modern management using MDM technologies and Configuration Manager Current Branch. You will also provide assistance in enhancing or replacing existing operational processes for Windows 10 to provide the best possible end user experience.
We anticipate that to excel in this role you will have:
- extensive Windows 10 experience
- experience with Windows Defender and Configuration Manager
- experience with Azure Active Directory
- experience with MDM technologies
- strong Scripting skills with Windows PowerShell
- understanding of enterprise policy configuration through Group Policy or MDM CSP
In addition, your skills/background will ideally include:
- knowledge of System Centre Configuration Manager infrastructure and system maintenance
- a customer-obsessed attitude with excellent communication skills
- an ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- an ability to work in projects with complex requirements
- a strong interest in delivering and enhancing user experience and productivity through mobile solutions
- experience working with Windows 10 from an enterprise perspective
- an ability to analyse and optimise business processes
- a demonstrated ability to exhibit technical credibility with both IT and business stakeholders .
- an understanding of Service Management including change, incident, and problem management as it applies to a large corporate environment and use of an ITSM tool such as Remedy
- experience working in a DevOps and/or Agile environment
- ability to take initiative, work independently, and manage tasks to a timeline.
If this sounds like you, and you are ready to take the next step in your career, please apply online now.
Please apply via the following link with your CV. Alternatively to find out more about the position at www.macquarie.com/careers or please email Nicky Bell via firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.