This is an exciting opportunity for you the experienced Solution Architect to be part of our Corporate Services applications team, working with Corporate Real Estate, Group Procurement and Business Resilience teams to deliver innovative technology solutions that will enable our customers to deliver value for our business.
You will be a versatile and motivated technologist who has a broad understanding of business problems and solutions. The role demands a strong technical background with exceptional business analysis skills. Communication skills are key as the role requires you to work closely with business stakeholders, technology suppliers and technology teams across Cybersecurity, Infrastructure and Data Engineering.
Key to this role will be your ability to research, design and implement technology solutions, identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications. You will also need to maintain and upgrade existing systems, Identify, communicate, and mitigate Risks, Assumptions, Issues, and Decisions throughout the full lifecycle and produce agreed deliverables within quality, scope, time, and budget tolerances.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- solid experience as a Solution Architect
- full-stack development experience
- scripting Knowledge (PowerShell, Linux Shell scripting, Splunk)
- database experience (SQL Server)
- cloud experience (AWS)
- experience working in distributed teams.
- hands on technical person able to triage defects across environment, integration & code.
- Ability to work with different project teams (across environment, integration & development) and bring cohesiveness across the teams to focus on diagnosing defects.
- Have a can-do attitude
Nice to have:
- CI-CD experience (Bamboo, Gradle, git/bitbucket, Artifactory, uDeploy)
- Data Engineering experience (Hadoop, Oozie, Pentaho)
- Confident working with Atlassian suite e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.
- Experience implementing and maintaining a vendor application.
- Good understanding and experience with ITIL best practices for Incident, Change and Problem Management.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.