Come and join our expanding Enterprise Data Management team, focused on empowering our Group Data teams to implement data management best practices within their business units and collaborating with stakeholders across the entire Macquarie Group to enable a data driven and risk management culture. Whilst this role would be focused on working in the Metadata Management area, it would be also helping to drive adoption of good data management practices within Data in Change initiatives.
In this unique role, you will gain exposure working across every business and support group in Macquarie, building and maintaining strong relationships with senior stakeholders and deepening your knowledge of business and operational processes, critical data elements, and data management frameworks.
You will be a delivery-oriented data professional who is able to work with stakeholders to understand their needs and mature their data management capabilities. You will use your ability to influence and support a diverse set of stakeholder groups to effectively manage their critical data elements, as well as contribute to the broader Data Management team objectives of helping the Group Data teams to implement the Data Governance Framework across Macquarie.
Your responsibilities will include:
- partnering with all the businesses in driving consistent data governance and data management practices across the enterprise
- providing guidance on the critical data element identification, approval and definition processes
- guiding the group data community on how to consistently define business rules and quality requirements
- tracking, measuring and reporting progress of Data Under Governance adoption through the Enterprise Data Management Framework
- performing quality assurance on Data Under Governance activities and outcomes produced by Group Data teams
- Providing guidance and support, as needed, within change initiatives to ensure data under governance practices are addressed
- facilitating collaboration among all business groups to breakdown silos across the enterprise.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 4+ years Data Management experience
- strong stakeholder management and engagement skills with a passion for championing change
- strong organisational skills to put things together and be able to connect key pieces of information across different sources
- strategic and results oriented mindset
- strong delivery skills gained through project experience with the ability to manage and influence the work of others.
Ideally you will also have:
- experience with data governance, metadata management and data visualisation tools (Collibra, IDQ, PowerBI)
- experience querying databases (SQL)
- experience training others on standards, processes and policies related to metadata management and/or data governance
- financial services industry experience.
If you have experience in data management and a passion for driving value through data, then we want to talk to you!
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.