Are you a Network Security Engineer who has a solid networking background and is passionate and ready to join our Network Data & Security team? You’ll provide both network engineering and operational support globally. This is a 6-month contract located in Houston, TX.
You will be focused on design, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of network and network security solutions across multi-vendor networking equipment, load balancers, firewalls, web proxies and network access control systems.
Key Skills required for this role include:
- Good understanding of IP networking and Internet technologies in either Cisco or Aruba switch & routing platforms. CCNP or CCIE would be an advantage.
- Solid experience in more than one network / network security platforms:
- F5 Load Balancer
- Firewalls - Palo Alto, Check Point, ASA
- Cisco Web Proxies
- McAfee IPS
- Aruba ClearPass or Cisco ISE
- Strong network analytical and troubleshooting skills with the capability to handle and own critical issues through to resolution
- Working knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows, SNMP, Microsoft Active Directory is desired
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and when faced with adversity or urgent issues
- Customer-focused with a “service first” mentality and best-in-class communication skills
- Ability to view current processes and procedures as opportunities for enhancement, tuning and improvement
You will need to be a highly motivated team player with 3+ years of relevant experience in Network and Network Security supporting enterprise and global networks. You are meticulous, thorough and possess excellent communication skills to engage with all levels of our stakeholders. A quick-thinking problem solver who is able to assimilate data rapidly in order to present solutions to difficult day-to-day incidents is required. As a self-starter, you have the ability to soak up knowledge and in part that knowledge to others. You will thrive working in a fast pace environment coupled with the ability to work under pressure is also required.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, apply today via the link.
Find out more about Macquarie at www.macquarie.com/careers
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.