As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you’ll be hands-on in helping us to deliver an end to end IT infrastructure solution (primary focus on database provisioning process) on Macquarie’s new automation platform, facilitating the means to become a fully automated and self-service database provider. Our team develops IT infrastructure in the Cloud to help the Macquarie business scale, providing customer-based solutions.
We work in a fast, agile environment and are looking for a motivated and driven individual who wants to design and implement components of our solution up and down the stack.
We have a great and diverse team of 9 highly motivated technology professionals working closely together in a fun and supportive environment.
This role is for a well-rounded lead developer with broad experience working to deliver web applications using front end technologies such as React and microservices developed by Java technology.
We anticipate that to excel in this role you will have:
- a strong sense of ownership and drive
- experience with Java and preferably Python/Ruby
- experience or interest in learning modern devops tools and practices such as Ansible
- a focus in developing server-side back-end applications
- excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- experience delivering in an Agile environment.
In return we offer great benefits such as:
- being part of a solution that possesses a customer-first mindset
- using cutting edge technology, practices and architectures - microservices, micro front end, AWS, CI/CD, Java, React
- supported training programs to support your career progression and fully funded certifications.
If the above sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, apply via the link below or get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.