Our Banking & Financial Services group brings together Macquarie’s retail banking businesses and provides a diverse range of products and services. Our purpose in Macquarie, the reason we do what we do, is to empower people to innovate and invest for a better future.
We are growing our team and are looking to hire a Regulatory Capital Specialist. This exciting role sits within our Retail Treasury function which is a part of wider Product & Technology Division. The Treasury team is comprised of Funding, Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk Management, Capital, Provisioning & Risk Modelling disciplines. Collaboration is what we do: this role will give you exposure to our product, prudential, credit, technology and data & platform teams as well as our central Risk Management and Financial Management Groups. Allowing optimal business opportunities with clear, defined and acceptable risk parameters.
Our team also has responsibility for managing capital, owning the implementation and outcomes of the regulatory capital framework as it applies to Retail banking.
This unique role involves supporting the team on capital management across Banking and Financial Services. You will be responsible for:
- Developing an end-to-end understanding of capital data, capital treatments and implementation of capital rules, focusing on retail
- Working with a number of capital project teams to support the implementation of Basel III capital rules in Banking & Financial Services
- Conducting gap analyses of current and new APRA capital rules and working with our data teams to close the gap
- Developing solutions to streamline how data is used to support capital calculations, and designing processes that support reporting and disclosure of results
- Validation of capital calculations and working with data and technical teams to ensure appropriateness of results
- Develop an extensive network of contacts across the capital spectrum in Macquarie.
This is a hands-on role requires the successful candidate to be a self-starter with a problem-solving mindset. You will need to be comfortable analysing and reporting complex data to a high standard with demonstrable rigour and be comfortable discussing your conclusions with a variety of peers.
This role will suit you if you have demonstrable exposure to Basel capital rules, the ability to work with large data sets and the comfort to develop analysis in support of your conclusions. Familiarity with Basel rules is a must.
What you will bring to team and the role:
- very driven with outstanding attention to detail, learning mindset, flexible and adaptable, highly motivated
- highly numerate and analytical
- the ability to piece together the bigger picture
- Comfort communicating your thoughts and opinions
- ability to foster and build a collaborative working relationship with various stakeholders
Finally, you will:
- be curious, always asking, “What’s new?” and “How can we do this better?”
- be bold, seeing challenges as opportunities that can be overcome as a team
- have tertiary qualifications, preferably in business, finance, quantitative degree or a similar field
- have strong communication skills and the ability to explain your thinking
- have the ability to influence peer stakeholders.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and empower our staff to aim for excellence in everything we do. We believe that flexibility in a key driver to our people’s success and welcome the opportunity to discuss what flexibility means to you.
About Banking and Financial Services
Banking and Financial Services is Macquarie’s retail banking and financial services business, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management, business banking and vehicle finance products and services to retail clients, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.