Come and join the Commodities and Global Markets team in supporting stakeholders across the Macquarie Group. In this role, you will be a talented Java Engineer with 3-8 years of solid experience to join our transaction reporting DevOps team to build & maintain transaction reporting platform.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to:
- work on strategic transformation of Macquarie's regulatory reporting platform which is responsible for reporting Commodities, FX and Equity transactions to regulators across globe e.g. CFTC, ASIC, ESMA, MIFID, HKMA
- work on existing transaction reporting services to provide short-term and mid-term fixes to manage/mitigate regulatory risks
- learn and apply the latest technologies and DevOps practices e.g. AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk to deliver and maintain highly scalable and robust micro-services
You will be a valued member of our team if you are a self-motivated team player and have excellent communication skills, enabling you to engage with all levels of stakeholders. Ideally, in this role you will have:
- solid programming and problem solving skills in Java, RDBMS, Spring boot No-SQL databases is highly desirable
- working knowledge of any of the cloud/related technologies like AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, RDS, Akka
- ability to understand existing systems/data flows, and come up with suitable design in-line with strategic and scalable services
- exposure to languages including Scala, Groovy, C++, Python is a bonus
- good understanding of Linux operations with experience in shell scripting
- domain knowledge in regulatory reform or other related financial industry experience will be looked upon favourably
- experience working within an agile scrum team environment
- experience with production support or SRE, experience on logging and system monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Splunk is desirable.
This role offers you a fantastic opportunity to make your mark. If you have a resilient character, a learning mindset, and relish opportunities to stretch yourself, take the next step in your career and apply via the link. Please apply including a cover letter or for more information please contact email@example.com
About Commodities and Global Markets:
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.