We are looking for an experienced Java Consultant to join our projects team in Houston.
In this role, you will play a key role in the off development and design of our trading businesses and development of software solutions for our commodities organization.
You will be part of a dynamic team that manages our core power, gas and crude trading systems and play a key role in the transformation of our trading business. The day to day will require you to collaborative with key stakeholders and will focus on core development within distributed enterprise and straight processing applications across our global trading platforms.
This role will have you work heavily within Core development, delivering new products and services, data analytics, modern technologies, cloud and the commodities business.
Your technical capabilities will include:
- you will have software development experience and expertise in Java 8, SQL, Angular, Spring boot & test driven development
- experience in data visualization tools like Spotfire, power BI
- knowledgeable in using Cloud technologies (e.g. AWS)
- knowledgeable with SDLC tools (e.g. Bamboo, JIRA, GIT, Confluence)
- your collaborative approach will be utilized when you on a variety of projects across our trading systems. This will be further required as you will be assisting on functional and technical requirements and will partner with business teams on the testing and delivery cycles
- first class attention to detail is needed as you will deliver high quality software in addition to provide maintenance and enhancements to the existing applications
- having power(electricity) business domain knowledge helps them to be successful
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, apply today via the link.
Find out more about Macquarie at www.macquarie.com/careers
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.