Are you a highly experienced risk professional with a background in undertaking complex fraud and financial crime investigations in financial services?
Join our Financial Crime Intelligence unit, providing day-to-day Line 1 governance and oversight of the Macquarie Banking & Financial Services business. You’ll work to drive a high and consistent level of assurance around risk and controls; including fraud and financial crime risk management.
In this role, you will investigate complex fraud and financial crime cases, provide support to civil investigations of fraud, internal fraud, serious employee misconduct, anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption (AB&C) related matters.
Your key responsibilities will include triaging referrals from Non-Financial Risk, Employee Relations, Legal, Integrity Office, Financial Crime Risk in the Risk Management Group, Operations and other teams in ascertaining whether enough grounds exist for the opening of an investigation. You will be maintaining best practice processes and procedures for undertaking complex investigations in accordance with Macquarie Group and Banking & Financial Services Fraud and Financial Crime polices, as well as reporting for Committees relating to fraud & financial crime complex investigations. You will also be responsible for developing insights into fraud & financial crime complex investigations and lead strategic initiatives and priorities in accordance with agreed business objectives.
Working closely with Operational Risk, Fraud teams and other business stakeholders, you will identify opportunities for improvement in risk controls resulting from complex fraud and financial crime investigations; and shaping best practice investigative tools to ensure quality and timely outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will have investigative experience from within a large banking organisation with exposure across multiple retail and business banking products. You will also have:
- at least 3-5 years’ proven experience in undertaking employee related conduct or internal fraud investigations, and in undertaking complex external fraud investigations in either a Financial Services Industry or through law enforcement;
- ideally have experience of at least 2-5 years’ investigating AML, sanctions, AB&C related investigations;
- knowledge of AML legislation and regulations in Australia or equivalent jurisdiction;
- sound knowledge of Whistle-Blower legislative requirements and proven experience in managing protected investigations;
- knowledge of forensic investigation concepts including gathering and preservation of evidence, data analysis and presentation of findings;
- knowledge of the regulatory and law enforcement environments including preparation of briefs of evidence and affidavits;
- demonstrated experience with investigative interviewing;
- strong, effective written and verbal communication skills with internal and external clients;
- experience in using digital forensic software would be an added advantage
About Banking and Financial Services
Banking and Financial Services is Macquarie’s retail banking and financial services business, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management, business banking and vehicle finance products and services to retail clients, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.