As a Site Reliability Engineer you will have the opportunity to impact the Commodities and Global Markets division within Macquarie front to back, building relationships with a motivated and agile global technology community. You will deliver high quality, low touch, scalable solutions across a mix of technologies and deployment stacks, including cloud and Kubernetes. Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) are responsible for building out, automating, and supporting our critical systems. In this role, you will combine problem solving skills with software and systems engineering to take a proactive approach in building fault-tolerant systems, improving observability/monitoring/alerting capabilities, automating tasks and build tools.
You will be offered the opportunity to learn from peers, be encouraged to collaborate and to be bold. You will be an active member of the team, contributing to ideas and peer reviews, mentoring others and being accountable for your solutions end to end.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- 3+ years of experience in Unix/Linux and Bash
- 3+ Software development experience using Python, Java, C++ or similar
- experience with Git, CI/CD tooling (eg Jenkins)
- hands on experience with Cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, GCP, etc.)
- knowledge of good software design and application architectural practices.
- ability to define and measure non-functional requirements, such as reliability, availability, security, and performance
- a passion for technology, automation and continuous innovation
- strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- effective interpersonal skills and the ability to mentor, coach, team building.
Experience in these are desirable, but not mandatory:
- Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
- financial Services / capital markets experience or interest
- observability and monitoriting/alerting – Prometheus, Splunk, Jaeger
- build Tooling – Bazel, Gradle, etc.
You will bring a resilient character and relish opportunities to stretch yourself. If this sounds like you, then get in touch! We also welcome candidates from different backgrounds who believe they have what it takes to succeed. If the above sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, apply via the link below.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.