This is a great opportunity to join a high performing Technology team supporting Settlements and Payments for our Commodities and Global Markets business group. You will work alongside a supportive and diverse group of colleagues in a stimulating environment that is constantly evolving and where your skills and insights will be highly valued.
As a motivated and experienced Technical Business Analyst, you will join this team in delivering solutions for many middle and back-office teams globally on the Calypso vendor platform. Your responsibilities will cover the full software delivery lifecycle, including gathering requirements through talking to our users and stakeholders, designing solutions with the development team and other system teams, and delivering the solutions into production, through implementing configuration changes and ensuring thorough testing and suitability.
You will have the opportunity to work on projects ranging from single sprint cycles to multi-year deliveries aligned to evolving business needs. We work with a mixture of agile approaches depending on the project and context, using Scrum, Kanban, or other approaches as we see fit.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have strong analytical skills, problem solving and logical reasoning.
- have good interpersonal skills, able to deal with technical and business stakeholders
- be comfortable dealing with uncertainty and shifting priorities
- be a team player who works well in a dynamic working environment
- 2-3 years of experience working as a Business Analyst in Banking and Finance.
It would be desirable if you have:
- experience in institutional settlements and payments
- familiarity with financial products such as FX, Loans, Debt Securities
- familiarity with SWIFT or ISO20022 MX messaging
- experience configuring and implementing vendor products such as Calypso or Murex in a back / middle office context
- familiarity with SQL (Sybase / MS SQL) will be an advantage.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply via the link.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.